Monday, August 3, 2009

is there a dr in the house?

It all started with a wake up call..5am on a tuesday morning I struggled with sleep reaching for my fone. See, yhis isn't realy a blog or a tale to keep you thinking days on end but as you may have realised, I just like to talk. Ok so I got out of bed around 6 after rolling around for a while only to fall flat on my face because I couldn't co-ordinate my feet. It was weird. This was the first of many falls which led me to where I am today. And that's in a private hospital in port harcourt. Its weird because if anyone told me I'd b here n going through this I would have had some not very nice things to say. You see it turned out that the wake up call was just that..it was the first signal in the way of pointing out we are all fragile little creatures. Its not like I had a God complex or thought I could never die but most of us live like nothing can harm us. I had a wonky heart and funky kidneys n I would have never known. I was an advocate of the saying "we are all a combination of our past experiences" and here I was an amalgamation of all the funny illness iv had and reaping what I'd sown.
I aint dying and I aint looking for sympathy. Lifes just hard and complex with many unseen bumps along the way. If this can reach just one person, I'll be glad that I told them...go get a check up. You never know what's up. I mean, if you had a car, you wouldn't wait till its stalling on the highway before you see a mechanic right?

No comments: